I'm a polymath with deep passion for creativity, specifically, at the intersection of art and science. This double-barrel ethos has led me work as a freelance researcher, content creator and translator, while directing a record label, performing music and curating innovative development projects. My long-term professional goal is to seamlessly integrate both sides of this spectrum in a sustainability-related and philanthropic context.
Skills & Abilities
Writing: Academic Research, Creative, Critiques, Interviews, Content Creation, Translation
Music: Performance, Production, Curation, DJing, Composition
Business Management: Creative Direction, Strategy-Building, Marketing, Administration
Communication: Social Media, Public Speaking/Relations, Event Planning
Civil Engineering: Structural Analysis, Design, Sustainable Construction, Rural Development
Visual Art: Video Production/Editing, Photo Manipulation, Multimedia Design, Photography
[Academic researcher / writer] academic minds
oct 2013 – PResent
Researching and writing academic papers for the Oxbridge Research Group on topics as diverse as civil engineering, management, and organizational and development studies. Currently written over 250000 words in +70 projects.
Civil Engineering, Architecture and Sustainability:
- Transportation and UK Road Design
Management & Marketing:
- Porter's Theory of Motivation
Development Studies & International Relations:
- National Aid Strategy
- Psychology: Cognitive Revolution
[organizer] Bhutan International Festival
Nov 2014 – Feb 2015
Various key managerial and artistic positions in Bhutan's first ever International Arts & Music Festival, authorized by the Royal Family of Bhutan.
- Web administration and content manager
- Co-organizing the music festival
- Outtaland stage: Representing the Outtallectuals net-label as an official festival platform
[WEB DESIGN / Content Creation] SNOW YODA, LILIKA's TREATS, Outtallectuals
oct 2015 – MAY 2016
- Creating +12000 words of original written content for Snow Yoda travel company, as well as digital multimedia
[AID WORKER] Learning Planet
oct 2014 – apr 2015
Volunteering for Learning Planet rural engineering projects in Nepal.
- Work Experience of Development and Charity Work in rural Nepal
[Director / Founder] Outtallectuals
FEB 2011 – PResent
Founder and Executive Director of this multi-disciplinary record label and art brand.
- Co-ordinate art projects and music releases of over 20 releases
[Translation] Freelance / self-employed
oct 2013 – PResent
Translation of over 35000 words of economic, cultural and social news articles from Farsi to English.
- Achievement of a 56 word per minute writing speed and strong bilingual writing skills.
[social media agent] Avenida home
Jun 2012 – aug 2012
Internship in cyber-marketing and social media campaigning.
- Creating a manageable social media system and providing training for the company
- Undertaking e-mail campaigns
- Creating social media content to engage with costumers
- Finding market competition through advanced twitter searches
- Advertising products through the use of photography
- Creating and improving market research databases
- Creating content for company blog
- Creating dialogue with agents from the retail industry
- Learning New Media automation and analysis services such as MailChimp, GetResponse, HootSuite, TweetDeck and SocialBakers
- Learning Search Engine Optimization methods through meta data and excerpt incorporation
[civil engineering intern] techno-khallagh mfg & trdg co
Jun 2010 – aug 2010
[University of bath] Bath, United Kingdom
[bachelors of civil engineering]
The course emphasized core civil engineering subjects as well as teaming architects and civil engineers to produce a balanced understanding of design office situations. Various case studies on the design of iconic engineering projects have familiarized me with the importance of flawless project management and realizing conceptual ideas. Highlighted projects include a thesis about the conservation of traditional Peruvian buildings using mud, bamboo and timber frames.
[Eltham College] London, United Kingdom
(ABBB) - Maths A, Further Maths B, Physics B, Design and Technology B
[IELTS] London, United Kingdom
Acquired an IELTS English Language Qualification with excellent results (8.5/9)
One of two UNICEF Youth of Iran Representatives for International Aids Conference of 2004 in Thailand, followed by receiving a Johns Hopkins certificate for involvement in an Aids Awareness Workshop in Tehran, Iran.
Certificate of Participation in the Bhutan International Festival by Her Majesty, the Gyaltsuen Jetsun Pema Wangchuck, Queen of Bhutan.
Level 2 Food Safety & Hygiene for Catering through the Virtual College